Author Topic: I bought tons of LTC at $31 like 2 days ago before the crash.....  (Read 53098 times)

Offline finnthecelt

Re: I bought tons of LTC at $31 like 2 days ago before the crash.....
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »
Bought some more today at $23.....

WTF is wrong with you LTC hurry up and rise already!!

Do you have a couple thousand LTC and want it all over with already?

Think to yourself, if LTC were $500 right now how would that affect you? Help or hurt? The game would be over for many people. Some guy who has 5 LTC wants to see the price go up.......why??

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2014, 05:46:39 PM »

Think to yourself, if LTC were $500 right now how would that affect you? Help or hurt? The game would be over for many people. Some guy who has 5 LTC wants to see the price go up.......why??

he's trolling

Offline Nite69

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2014, 11:23:06 PM »
everyone wants to see it go up to get what they want faster with the money (I do as well)

but it is what it is so I will just keep generating it until I reach that goal.

Offline keithers

• Elite Member
  • Member Elite
    • Get a Trezor (the hardware BTC safe)...
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2014, 01:43:26 AM »
Slow sustainable growth, while not as exciting, is much better for LTC and its potential future in general. Volatility, while its cool if you have a couple of coins, is not as fun if you have thousands.

Offline Dafar

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2014, 08:47:20 PM »
LTC is still being boring! But it did increase a little today... hopefully I will make up my money soon... I may just hold on to BTC because I don't trust these Alts... I lost money in both NMC and LTC, while BTC is going up fast.

Not sure if you're being serious or not, but I only have 100 LTC and if the price goes to $500 that would be $50,000 worth of LTC... I would probably sell at that point because $50k is a nice amount of money and I have no idea where LTC is supposed to go to. On the other hand I would still hold BTC because I know it has potential to get to $10k and beyond.

Offline p1147

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2014, 11:32:13 AM »
2 weeks passed since this thread was created and now LTC is at 30-31$

Offline Nite69

« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2014, 11:49:51 AM »
2 weeks passed since this thread was created and now LTC is at 30-31$

Yep! thats great news

Offline litecoinninja

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »
watch out, BtCchina have made zero percent trading fees again.  Expect lots of chinese trading fraud which will make the prices go up when in fact they have not.  Do not buy again until the chinese exchanges re introduce trading fees

Offline Dafar

« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2014, 04:11:01 PM »
Sweet I'm about to break even now! :)

Will probably hold until LTC gets to $150-200 this year though. Do you guys trust the success of LTC as much as BTC? Because I'm pretty confident investing in BTC, but have mixed feelings about LTC

watch out, BtCchina have made zero percent trading fees again.  Expect lots of chinese trading fraud which will make the prices go up when in fact they have not. Do not buy again until the chinese exchanges re introduce trading fees

Can you explain?

Offline litecoinninja

« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2014, 05:18:41 PM »

Will probably hold until LTC gets to $150-200 this year though. Do you guys trust the success of LTC as much as BTC? Because I'm pretty confident investing in BTC, but have mixed feelings about LTC

watch out, BtCchina have made zero percent trading fees again.  Expect lots of chinese trading fraud which will make the prices go up when in fact they have not. Do not buy again until the chinese exchanges re introduce trading fees

Can you explain?

Yes, previously when the chinese exchanges first opened they offered a zero percentage trading fees.  This means criminals were able to exchange coins with themselves at inflated prices to give the impression of high trading volumes and high prices.  As soon as they changed the fee to 0.3% this was no longer viable and the prices crashed to $600 almost overnight.  This was attributed to chinese legal matters but this was only a small factor.  Now they have reintroduced zero fees the fraudulent trading will resume and now the prices are going up fast again.  This is lure people in to pay falsely inflated prices. The chinese will fake everything from shoes to drink and yes they fake their trading volumes and prices.   Expect another short term bubble. http://www.coindesk.com/chinese-bitcoin-exchange-okcoin-accused-faking-trading-data/

Offline manfred

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2014, 05:41:45 PM »

Can you explain?
I am pretty confident about Bitcoins, Litecoins long term success. Great developers working on it and moving along nicely.
I have so so feelings about PPC, NMC, XPC and Ripple (yes i know) everything else is a pure waste of time and money the way i see it.
Look at it this way at moment we have visa and mastercard and they will be replaced.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:57:11 PM by manfred »

Offline treasure_finder

• Litecoin Association Member
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »
Yes, previously when the chinese exchanges first opened they offered a zero percentage trading fees.  This means criminals were able to exchange coins with themselves at inflated prices to give the impression of high trading volumes and high prices. As soon as they changed the fee to 0.3% this was no longer viable and the prices crashed to $600 almost overnight. 

How does this actually happen? If someone creates two accounts at an exchange, and puts up a sell order at an inflated price with the intention of buying it with his other account, how does this person ensure that nobody else's buy orders will be fulfilled from his sell order?  Surely if there were many people doing this, the inflated prices would be sucked up by other people trying to do the same thing.  So how do you exchange coins with yourself?

Offline E46crypto

« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2014, 09:32:34 PM »
You were so close to being in the green for your last buy, and now we sit at $24. Must have been a wild ride while I was asleep.

Offline Dafar

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2014, 10:01:51 PM »

Can you explain?

Yes, previously when the chinese exchanges first opened they offered a zero percentage trading fees.  This means criminals were able to exchange coins with themselves at inflated prices to give the impression of high trading volumes and high prices.  As soon as they changed the fee to 0.3% this was no longer viable and the prices crashed to $600 almost overnight.  This was attributed to chinese legal matters but this was only a small factor.  Now they have reintroduced zero fees the fraudulent trading will resume and now the prices are going up fast again.  This is lure people in to pay falsely inflated prices. The chinese will fake everything from shoes to drink and yes they fake their trading volumes and prices.   Expect another short term bubble. http://www.coindesk.com/chinese-bitcoin-exchange-okcoin-accused-faking-trading-data/

Thanks for this. Is this why we're seeing the recent downtrend? This plus the recent news from China about Taobao banning all trades? (I thought China already banned banks from dealing with exchanges ... wtf China)

You were so close to being in the green for your last buy, and now we sit at $24. Must have been a wild ride while I was asleep.

Yeah... fucking LTC... just as I was getting so excited and hopeful of 2014 this had to happen. I even bought more at $25.7 and now it's down to $24.... figures.

I also have a lot of NMC which is down as well.... anyone holding on to NMC? I just want my precious BTC back... I have no clue about the future of NMC

Offline Nite69

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
well it almost reached 30 a day ago and now its back down to 20 again

argh  :-\