Author Topic: I bought tons of LTC at $31 like 2 days ago before the crash.....  (Read 53356 times)

Offline Bossman

• Hardcore Member
  • In Coblee we trust
Re: I bought tons of LTC at $31 like 2 days ago before the crash.....
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2013, 11:10:12 AM »
seriously, anyone who is all in on this is likley to loose all their money.  If litecoin works then great you will be rich.  Theres a lot of competition and the chances are much higher that litecoin will not come out on top.  Just being realistic people, spread your bets.  Gold and silver looks cheap now. Of course only get physical gold you can posses

Gold and silver , two things that are heavily manipulated by the world's elite are great investments and yes Litecoin has serious competition , dodgecoin will overtake it any day now HAHAHA .Litecoin has zero competition every other coin is either premined , instamined or a joke coin.

Now the only real coin that might be  actually competition is zerocoin but since it will be opensource , the devs can just add it to bitcoin/litecoin therefore making zerocoin useless.

and I like how people can make predictions "seriously, anyone who is all in on this is likley to loose all their money" , how the Fook do you know what will happen in the future ? let alone what the price of Litecoin will be ?

i agree that Zerocoin will bringt something really new but i dont agree that BTC or LTC will add this feature. they will never do this. both will go mainstream and lose anonymity instead of preserve it. and also it wont be so easy to copy and paste that into one coin :) !

[ltc]

If Zerocoin is opensource (which it has to be to survive ) then its features can be implemented into bitcoin and litecoin of course that won't be a easy task . We'll see if zerocoin even comes out and what it's coin cap will be.

Offline Giga

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2013, 11:20:53 AM »

If zero coin works as intended, I can only see it being successful if it is pegged to the value of bitcoin so investment would be a null concept.

zerocoin will be released as a standalone independent crypto coin as per the dev's latest announcement. It's going to be open source of course which means if bitcoin ever decides to implement they can always freely use the source code.

But ZeroCoin (when and if it happens) will be the grand-daddy of a new-gen of coins, based on anonymity.

Offline Giga

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2013, 11:26:26 AM »
seriously, anyone who is all in on this is likley to loose all their money.  If litecoin works then great you will be rich.  Theres a lot of competition and the chances are much higher that litecoin will not come out on top.  Just being realistic people, spread your bets.  Gold and silver looks cheap now. Of course only get physical gold you can posses

Gold and silver , two things that are heavily manipulated by the world's elite are great investments and yes Litecoin has serious competition , dodgecoin will overtake it any day now HAHAHA .Litecoin has zero competition every other coin is either premined , instamined or a joke coin.

Now the only real coin that might be  actually competition is zerocoin but since it will be opensource , the devs can just add it to bitcoin/litecoin therefore making zerocoin useless.

and I like how people can make predictions "seriously, anyone who is all in on this is likley to loose all their money" , how the Fook do you know what will happen in the future ? let alone what the price of Litecoin will be ?

i agree that Zerocoin will bringt something really new but i dont agree that BTC or LTC will add this feature. they will never do this. both will go mainstream and lose anonymity instead of preserve it. and also it wont be so easy to copy and paste that into one coin :) !

[ltc]

Yes zero coin is the only other coin i'm really looking forward to, there are a few alt coins with some promise and active developers but that remains to be seen.

I'm keeping a close watch on zerocoin as i plan to invest in it from day 1.

take a look here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362468.msg3878992#msg3878992

[ltc]

+1 on zerocoin.   How much do you plan on initially investing if you don't mind me asking?  Over a couple grand?

It all depends on the fundamentals when we approach the release date, my plan can change accordingly. However yes, as of now especially with the recent announcement of zerocoin being a standalone crypto coin and its promising technology, 4 Digits in USD or btc equivalent investment is on the table.

Microsoft is also aware of zerocoin as i believe the developer had a presentation with microsoft research labs or something of that sort.

Offline keithers

• Elite Member
  • Member Elite
    • Get a Trezor (the hardware BTC safe)...
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2013, 12:23:49 AM »

[ltc]

Yes zero coin is the only other coin i'm really looking forward to, there are a few alt coins with some promise and active developers but that remains to be seen.

I'm keeping a close watch on zerocoin as i plan to invest in it from day 1.

take a look here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362468.msg3878992#msg3878992

[ltc]

+1 on zerocoin.   How much do you plan on initially investing if you don't mind me asking?  Over a couple grand?

It all depends on the fundamentals when we approach the release date, my plan can change accordingly. However yes, as of now especially with the recent announcement of zerocoin being a standalone crypto coin and its promising technology, 4 Digits in USD or btc equivalent investment is on the table.

Microsoft is also aware of zerocoin as i believe the developer had a presentation with microsoft research labs or something of that sort.

I will most likely be down to put a few thousand into zerocoin as well.   I have done pretty well with BTC and LTC, lost a little money on NMC, but I am definitely open to adding one more to the portfolio...

Offline Dafar

« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2013, 11:41:23 PM »
Fuck zerocin... what's so good about zerocoin??

What about PPC or NMC??

Which one of these will EXPLODE like BTC?

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2013, 11:53:05 PM »

What about PPC or NMC??

Let me answer that for you

[ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] <----

Offline Dafar

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2013, 02:01:52 AM »

What about PPC or NMC??

Let me answer that for you

[ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] [ltc] <----

why?

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2013, 02:13:01 AM »

why?

Because, TheMage has spoken therefore it is.

Offline Nite69

Offline NixZiZ

« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2013, 01:27:08 PM »
Welp, litecoin appears to be going through another peak cycle.

Offline E46crypto

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2013, 05:20:18 PM »
OP isn't doing so bad now, hope you're holding

Offline Dafar

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »

Of course, I'm holding until it's at least $150-$200 / LTC

It's at $24 right now and I'm still at a loss, I'm just pissed I don't have any fiat to buy more LTC. I have some BTC stored in BTC-e that I can use to buy LTC, but I don't feel like buying in at 24 when it was 12 a few days ago...also BTC is rising too so maybe I should just hold on to more BTC... what do guys?

Offline finnthecelt

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2013, 07:20:04 PM »

It's at $24 right now and I'm still at a loss, I'm just pissed I don't have any fiat to buy more LTC. I have some BTC stored in BTC-e that I can use to buy LTC, but I don't feel like buying in at 24 when it was 12 a few days ago...also BTC is rising too so maybe I should just hold on to more BTC... what do guys?

Classic investing mistake. I have noticed over the years that people with this investing attitude end up buying more when it gets to old highs. They always keep their eye on that $12 that never returns (?) and then get all anxious when old highs are taken out and end up caving in and buying before it gets too high....

Hold your BTC.

Buy LTC when you have the cash, don't wait for price points. You will cost average over time. If you believe LTC is going to $150+ and you won't buy at $24 because you saw $12.....well that's a whole new level of greed/stupidity.

If BTC/LTC last long term you are in a life long marathon. Not a sprint.

Offline keithers

• Elite Member
  • Member Elite
    • Get a Trezor (the hardware BTC safe)...
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2013, 07:33:05 PM »

Classic investing mistake. I have noticed over the years that people with this investing attitude end up buying more when it gets to old highs. They always keep their eye on that $12 that never returns (?) and then get all anxious when old highs are taken out and end up caving in and buying before it gets too high....

Hold your BTC.

Buy LTC when you have the cash, don't wait for price points. You will cost average over time. If you believe LTC is going to $150+ and you won't buy at $24 because you saw $12.....well that's a whole new level of greed/stupidity.

The above is correct.   You have to evaluate if you are in this for the long haul, or just to try and make a quick profit.    If you are in it for the long, then although $24 is twice as much as $12, it is still very low in the grand scheme of things.   If you are just trying to quickly double your money or something like that, then you may want to hold off and hope for a dip. 

When I first bought into BTC, I think I was buying in at like a 3 month high, and for that reason, i chose to buy a whole lot less than I initially planned on doing.   Fast forward to now (and I am still holding the same BTC plus more), I should have put a lot more money in right off the bat because my dollar cost average would have been far lower than it is now. 

Offline Dafar

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2013, 12:05:18 AM »

You're right about that.. I do have too much greed and I should really stop focusing on what could have been. I am in it for the long term, so I will buy more LTC when I get the cash. I'm just not sure how much I should put in LTC or some other ALT coin and how much on BTC. I'm thinking 30% in LTC and 70% in BTC.

The above is correct.   You have to evaluate if you are in this for the long haul, or just to try and make a quick profit.    If you are in it for the long, then although $24 is twice as much as $12, it is still very low in the grand scheme of things.   If you are just trying to quickly double your money or something like that, then you may want to hold off and hope for a dip. 

When I first bought into BTC, I think I was buying in at like a 3 month high, and for that reason, i chose to buy a whole lot less than I initially planned on doing.   Fast forward to now (and I am still holding the same BTC plus more), I should have put a lot more money in right off the bat because my dollar cost average would have been far lower than it is now.

Thanks for the reply. I am in it for the long run.... I don't really know how to day trade. Do you know if BTC-E and Coinbase charge a fee for selling your coins too?