Author Topic: [STORIES] How did you come to find litecoin/bitcoin?  (Read 62894 times)

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
  • ► ► ► WWW.LEALANA.COM ► ► ►
    • LEALANA UNFUNDED PHYSICAL LITECOINS
Re: [STORIES] How did you come to find litecoin/bitcoin?
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2013, 06:53:03 AM »
Well I was trying to buy some pot seeds online back in 2011 and I found Silk Road. Once I started using Silk Road I became more familiar with the deep web and learned about BitCoins.

Looks like someone planted the bitcoin/litecoin seed and it is growing.

Offline Saltyspitoon

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2013, 02:24:02 PM »
It was January 2010. I had just got back to school from Christmas Break, and a dopehead buddy who was in a class with me started talking about these Bitcoin things which he was going to use to buy drugs online someday.

I really started getting into Bitcoins after WOT was out, and I'd walk to the store, pick up a money pak, and buy my weekly pay's worth of Bitcoins from a nice bloke named Pirateat40. The bitcoin protocol sucked at the time, so if you were sent Bitcoins, you wouldn't even be able to see they were sent until after 1 confirmation. I got sick of waiting 10 minutes to see if someone had scammed me or not, so I moved to Solidcoins which did not have that problem. A few months passed, Solidcoins started getting... meh... And I went back to Bitcoins.

On btc-e I saw my first Litecoins. I thought it was neat that I could buy 12,000 for $5 (1 BTC) So I did. Forgot mostly about them until the BitcoinExpress hack threat thing. Joined the Litecoin community more actively, and spent a lot of time fudding with Smoothie  ;D

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »
It was January 2010. I had just got back to school from Christmas Break, and a dopehead buddy who was in a class with me started talking about these Bitcoin things which he was going to use to buy drugs online someday.

I really started getting into Bitcoins after WOT was out, and I'd walk to the store, pick up a money pak, and buy my weekly pay's worth of Bitcoins from a nice bloke named Pirateat40. The bitcoin protocol sucked at the time, so if you were sent Bitcoins, you wouldn't even be able to see they were sent until after 1 confirmation. I got sick of waiting 10 minutes to see if someone had scammed me or not, so I moved to Solidcoins which did not have that problem. A few months passed, Solidcoins started getting... meh... And I went back to Bitcoins.

On btc-e I saw my first Litecoins. I thought it was neat that I could buy 12,000 for $5 (1 BTC) So I did. Forgot mostly about them until the BitcoinExpress hack threat thing. Joined the Litecoin community more actively, and spent a lot of time fudding with Smoothie  ;D

I remember LTC getting to 4,000 per 1 BTC that was the lowest ever. Not sure what day you seen 12,000 for sale at $5 lol.

Offline y0d4

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2013, 12:57:41 PM »
Where are all the stories about buying weapons and explosives to take over small 3rd world dictatorship countries?

loled hard

Offline induktor

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2013, 06:49:41 PM »
Hello
Well It was in this febrary, I was getting tired of the unending confirmation times of BTC, and read in bitcointalk about LTC.
I was also reading a lot about ASICS and scared the shit outta me, a single large company or person, with a ton of money could do a 51% attack easily!, and LTC was fast confirming as hell, and asic resistant.

So I read about scrypt, and I loved it!, this is the s#it!, if someone really want to do a 51% attack to litecoin, will have to work REALLY REALLY HARD!, so hard that it will not worth it!.
so here I am :)

Offline Notanon

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2013, 11:37:25 AM »
Saw a news story about Silk Road late last year and it mentioned Bitcoins. Did some research, stumbled upon Bitcointalk and learnt about Litecoins through that.

Offline Simran

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2013, 11:15:37 PM »
I found out about Litecoin in December of 2011(I was 15). Previously, I had just found out about Silk Road and attempted to mine some Bitcoins with my CPU... impossible... then I saw Litecoin and mined away. After realizing that Litecoin/Bitcoin was more than just Silk Road, I contributed a bit to the community ~Feb 2012. I built my first rig back in June with 2x 6770's and mine a load of LTC. I contributed here and there and saved a decent amount of LTC. I'm now 17, enjoying LTC at it's finest with the community, media, and the prices and by prices I know most of you might say that LTC is falling, indeed, but when I was around LTC was less than to a cent. I'm satisfied with any price now.

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2013, 06:12:50 AM »
I found out about Litecoin in December of 2011(I was 15). Previously, I had just found out about Silk Road and attempted to mine some Bitcoins with my CPU... impossible... then I saw Litecoin and mined away. After realizing that Litecoin/Bitcoin was more than just Silk Road, I contributed a bit to the community ~Feb 2012. I built my first rig back in June with 2x 6770's and mine a load of LTC. I contributed here and there and saved a decent amount of LTC. I'm now 17, enjoying LTC at it's finest with the community, media, and the prices and by prices I know most of you might say that LTC is falling, indeed, but when I was around LTC was less than to a cent. I'm satisfied with any price now.

Nice story. Start young.  :)

Offline wrapper0litecoin

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2013, 09:10:25 AM »
I'd heard about crypto currency and when it became tradeable to FIAT in March / April 2013, I started to look into "mining" and set up a GPU Bitcoin rig. That wasn't very efficient as ASICS were coming out, so I joined LItecoin Network.

Unfortunately there was little development of Litecoin, it took me a day to earn 0.01 Litecoins but would cost me 0.1 Litecoins to transfer or spend that money. So I got involved with Feathercoin. Unlike Litecoin at the time, they were trying to do some development and updated the transaction fees to make them practical.

I've still got Litecoins I mined and bought, still compile and test new releases. It is great to see the change in Litecoin, the development is amazing, I am on Github and check all the patches (too much!).

Offline RTB2011

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2013, 10:21:08 AM »
Learned about Litecoin before bitcoin actually (am I the only one?).  Funtoo Linux was accepting donations to their cause in the form of them, and I was literally like "WTF is a litecoin?"

Anyhow, I mined bitcoins for a bit after realizing they seemed more profitable (this was early 2011).  Now I have 4x Radeon 7970s mining litecoin 24/7

Offline AT101ET

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2013, 10:29:25 PM »
I'm not sure why, but took a liking to BTC, so bought a couple when it was $180/BTC.Long story, but got scammed and lost almost all of them! Had very little left that I sold just before the huge spike. (Was rather sad about that).
Anyway, whilst I had a few BTC, I began to delve further into the story behind crypto currencies, and spent a couple of months researching other currencies. After looking at a few, I narrowed it down to a couple and bought a few LTC (and some other things ;)) with the little money I had.
(I'm a student, so couldn't spend more than a couple hundred pounds.
And, that's it. The story of my life :)

Offline El Emperador

• Empire of Sex
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2013, 05:52:57 PM »
I was purchasing a VPN called Security KISS

http://www.securitykiss.com/pricing/

Offline hootis

« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2013, 06:58:55 PM »
I was watching a youtube show called the Tek, that was back in April when Bitcoin crashed.  I'd heard of it back in 2011, when I was [email protected], as something you  could do the same but instead of contributing to a science project you could make a few cents.  This is when I stopped dismissing it as something stupid and started learning how to mine with my 5870 and my already quite large [email protected] farm.  When I was doing some googleing I found litecoin, because it was apparently impossible to mine any Bitcoin any more.  Thats when I started to get involved.  I still [email protected] on my nvidia cards that I had bought for that purpose, but I had quite a few AMD cards that arn't particularly good at [email protected] and this made much more sense.

Offline doclitecoin

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2013, 04:37:37 AM »
Read an article about bitcoin on TomsHardware.com which recommended litecoin mining being more profitable due to the rise of the ASIC  chips,

Offline awddjawb

• LiteCoin Buying Guide
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2013, 12:53:21 PM »
A friend of mine messaged me on Facebook and said,
Here is the link to buy this mining contract, so I did.

Thats when I fell into the world of Bitcoins,
and about 25 hours of research later.....made my first purchase after waiting 2 weeks for Coinbase :-)