Author Topic: [STORIES] How did you come to find litecoin/bitcoin?  (Read 63252 times)

Offline litecoin_newbie

• Wallet-LYcqnFpDDj78fMwG1C38Po53ZGmLQzvxkx
Re: [STORIES] How did you come to find litecoin/bitcoin?
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 04:04:46 PM »
I am a e-curreny exchanger lately and i came to know about bitcoins and eventually litecoins now and i finally stepped onto it.
To be honest i hadn't ever mined a single BTC/LTC i always bought them.I bought about 50 BTC three months ago,due to some personal reason sold them all that time($11 each) and left BTC trade after a while i checked BTC rate,OMG i nearly fainted they were in the sky $250+.....But what to do once gone always gone ....left only in my history on mtgox LOL

But currently i wanna enter mining litecoins don't wanna miss the ride and i have bought 3 x AMD 5850 and waiting for the completion of my rig.Hopefully i will get a better hash rate i guess so!!

Offline hathmill

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 07:11:42 PM »
Several years ago, or so it seems, a guy at work told me about Bitcoins. Other people at work explained to me how pointless Bitcoin was. Then I studied the history of money, came to think of Bitcoin and looked into it again. Discovered Litecoins, people at bitcointalk told me how pointless Litecoin was. Well... after a while you realize that most people suck at investing and trading. My take away: listen too what _everyone_ has to say and then make up your own mind knowing that at least 50% (ie more or less random if they are right or not) the people you have listened to are dead wrong. I did CPU litecoins mining whem that was possible, I have been buying ltc and btc. Right now mainly GPU mining Litecoin. Im not wealthy, but I am happy to be part of thiss sci-fifi like adventure.

Offline JuanBedoya

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 09:21:39 PM »
At first I say it in this video: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_9R45RLNR0" by the idea channel. (Very good channel you should check it out, very informative).

I didn't really pay much attention to it. But then, awhile later, early to mid April my favorite teacher mentioned bitcoin but lost the news article he was going to hand out. I was the only person in the class that had at least heard about it but I did not know about it. It was then that I began my research and dedicated my time to learning the ins and outs of bitcoins (mostly to sound smart by showing everyone that I knew about bitcoins "before they were cool"). While in my research, I noticed that bitcoins were out of my reach, but there was still hope because then I found Litecoin after searching for bitcoin competitors. And now I am here.

Offline youngteezy

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »
I discovered BTCs on the deep web a few years ago but I also work on a trade floor and they have been a hot topic there as of late.

Offline Butcher_Of_Hope

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 04:29:13 AM »
I co-worker of mine was talking about how he mines Bitcoins from his workstation.  While he was discussing this another co-worker was talking about how he was more interested in Litecoins.  I was intrigued so I looked into what it entails.  I have been mining since last week, and while I do not have NEAR the hardware as many of the people I see here I am having alot of fun doing it.

Offline megadeth92

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »
Someone's told me about a crypto-currency like the bitcoin, developed by the MIT :D

Offline cdog

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »
Just fascinated by the entire concept of cryptocurrency since I heard about it in 2012. Got into LTC around Jan/Feb, bought a bunch at $.06 and now Im buying and selling both BTC and LTC locally.

I used to buy gold and silver with extra cash, what a waste of money that was lol.

Offline Eastwind

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2013, 05:26:38 AM »
I read a graphics card review which mentioned bitcoin mining. I looked into bitcoin and found that litecoin might have more potential.

Offline DapperDon

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2013, 12:58:55 AM »
I read an article on forbes about bitcoin, decided to give it a try :)

Offline MannyEric

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2013, 07:34:33 AM »
You will never believe it, but one day, when i was really bored, i googled "free money" and so it started  :)

Offline Skull88

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2013, 06:48:05 AM »
Someone mentioned on the forums of pokerth they should add Bitcoin to the client so people could play for money. Curious as I am I searched what Bitcoin was and immediately was sold. It was 2010 so I also saw all the alt coins come and go, Litecoin is the only one I immediately picked up. This was imo the first honest alt coin which gave me the feeling wouldn't become a total screw up and I really could see it become the silver to bitcoins gold, so I traded some of my Bitcoins for Litecoins. Not something everybody appreciated but I am glad I did, and still have the same opinion about litecoin as I had in 2011.

Offline rusBruin

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2013, 06:39:43 AM »
I have recently assembled a pretty powerful rig and decided to mine coins with Bitcoin. Unfortunately, I realized that nVidia cards are way inferior to AMD Radion and it wouldn't really work for me. After reading up on the topic, I found out about the Litecoin and decided to join. I'm still trying to figure out how to set up my Litecoin client. The explanations in https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4615.0.html don't really help yet.

Offline BuddhaNature

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2013, 09:47:36 PM »
I would guess that at least half of the cryptocurrency community (including myself) learned about it through Silk Road.

Offline Sportman

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »
I heard about litecoins because of bitcoin, that litecoin is like its baby brother.

Offline 3ltc

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2013, 10:48:37 PM »
Boy! I'd wish I remember that but I think I just stumbled over it at BTC-e - after doing some research I quickly realized that's actually better in technical terms than BTC. Once I started mining and found my first block there was no way back...