Author Topic: [STORIES] How did you come to find litecoin/bitcoin?  (Read 63669 times)

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
  • ► ► ► WWW.LEALANA.COM ► ► ►
    • LEALANA UNFUNDED PHYSICAL LITECOINS
[STORIES] How did you come to find litecoin/bitcoin?
« on: January 29, 2013, 08:01:59 PM »
I would love to hear people's stories.

My story goes like this. It was April 2011 and I was a subscriber to Davincij15 on youtube because he was an avid silver stacker. Then he started talking about bitcoin and immediately I got interested. Wasn't sure what to think of it. Downloaded the client, tried to mine coins to no avail. Looked more into it and then made my first dual 6990 rig in Early May 2011.

By the end of May 2011 I was already ordering nine 6950s to make 3 more rigs.

It was a wild ride.

I was there when IXC, I0C, Solidcoin, GG, TBX, FBX all came out. When Litecoin launched on October 2011 I was there mining with my CPUs.

Anyways...that's my story in not so many words.

Please share!

Offline dstruct2k

Re: [STORIES] How did you come to find litecoin/bitcoin?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:25:47 PM »
Maplesyrupghost told me to check out LTC... And here I am!

Offline RylandAlmanza

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:13:40 AM »
I was browsing the "deep web" because I thought it made me cool. I learned all about bitcoin, and I was going through a kleptomaniac phase at the time when a thought came to me. "What if I stole expensive stuff and sold it cheap on tor for 1/4th the price in bitcoins?" So I made a tor website, but eventually some people on #bitcoin talked some sense into me, and I was like "This is stupid. I'm stupid. But bitcoins are still cool." So I did some non-illegal work to make my first 100 bitcoins (they were around $0.80 at the time,) and what a happy boy I was when they rose to $30!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:15:20 AM by RylandAlmanza »

Offline debianlinux

• Freow
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
I don't know if it was slashdot or goldismoney.info (deprecated site) but I've known about bitcoins for a long time. I think I actually got around to installing the client maybe in 2011 when EFF and others announced they were accepting btc. I was disgusted immediately with the amount of effort required to mine as well as the abysmal value of the coin itself with regard to USD. At the time I figured my computational resources were better suited for Folding at Home. Very recently I ran into a website that offered a premium service and ONLY accepted btc. In an effort to obtain some btc to use this service I rediscovered the now matured world of bitcoin. Just the other day I found my old wallet.dat file and I'm looking forward to seeing how many coins are in it. I'm thinking there should be at least 50 in there because I recall mining until I discovered block just to see how long that would take.

Offline BitcoinFridge

• LA Development Team
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 09:25:24 AM »
Same here smoothly , via silver stackers on u tube , stellaconcepts hated them  ;D

Offline counter

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 06:37:42 AM »
I was put on to litecoins by lurking on the bitcoin forum it was a while of that and trying to decide if I wanted dive in or not having little funds and computer tech to work with had me on the fence for a while but I've always remained intrigued. 

The Youtube community did alot as far as opening my eyes and mind to what these currencies had to offer, that and the state of the global economy that is.  I wanted to invest low on a profitable venture and then I found Litecoin and did some reading and I new this was something i'd like to be apart of and now hear I am in the beginning stages and I'm pretty excited to see what the future holds. 

Offline counter

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 06:40:30 AM »
Also sublime5447 started a free Litecoin thread so I decided the time was right to get a wallet lol, so  yea big up to sublime5447!  :)

Offline bels

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 02:35:51 PM »
I found litecoin by lurking on the bitcointalk forum as well.  After becoming more or less tired of the childishness of the bitcoin forum/community I decided to hop over to litecoin full time.

Offline AurumArgentum (Silversmith)

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 10:57:29 PM »
I think I heard about Bitcoin via libertarian/anarchist blogs, but I noticed many were skeptical of it, so I didn't take much notice for a while. The media may have discussed it around the time of that Slashdot article, but they didn't explain it well back then, and I had nothing to do with it in those days, both for better and for worse, it seems.

I bit the bullet and learned more for myself about Bitcoin a few months ago, then became a convert, though I do not possess large amounts of cryptocurrency (or any currency!). I discovered Litecoin through BTC-e, I believe, and thought "ooh, an alternative crypto, how interesting - well, it's cheap so I might as well have a few of those". :)

Offline Smoothie

• VIP Donator
  • ► ► ► WWW.LEALANA.COM ► ► ►
    • LEALANA UNFUNDED PHYSICAL LITECOINS
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 02:30:54 AM »
Thanks for sharing guys. Would love to hear others' stories.

Offline msweb

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 12:32:59 PM »
SOPA/PIPA was the initial surveillance try that got me deeper into the NWO topic through great news channels like InfoWars and CostToCostAm. That way I learned about our corrupt system and on a search after a 'currency' that disables central manipulation by printing and destroy money out of nothing (what may can fix a lot of things) I found bitcoin. I had to look at it at least twice to be sure this could be the way to go. That was about a year ago. Since then cryptocoins became a big part of my life. So I'm one that understand the importance of great solutions that can protect our liberty. I found out about litecoin through searching for good designed bitcoin alternatives (some months ago).

Offline mesquka

• Long Live Litecoin
    • Openswurl
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 02:47:46 PM »
Someone's signature on another forum showing their bitminter hashrate

Offline Mushroomized

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »
Bitcoin? Some kids in a highschool compsci class I was volunteering in told me they bought drugs with their graphics card...

Litecoin? I found it on the bitcointalk forums

Offline kokojie

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 04:53:03 PM »
It really got my interest from 420's LTC give away thread, after getting my free 1.5 LTC, I'm hooked now. Been mining it, now I have 50 LTC

Offline wizzardTim

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »
A friend that was excited with BTC informed me about LTC, so immediately I started learning about it. I read many articles and decided to give it a chance and start mining.