Author Topic: Escrow (Read this if you want to safely buy / sell)  (Read 16626 times)

Offline TheMage

• Legendary Member
Re: Escrow (Read this if you want to safely buy / sell)
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 05:10:45 AM »
That kind of makes sense I can provide all sorts of prof of packing and tacking number and we can track the same via ups or dhl. I will let you know if I am able to sell some stuff I will advise to the buyer to use escrow through you that way we will both be secure.

Sounds good to me, realistically anyone listed in the original post is trustworthy as well (in case im not around if you need me).

Offline Carnth

• Elite Member
  • Litecoin Association
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 11:49:00 PM »
That kind of makes sense I can provide all sorts of prof of packing and tacking number and we can track the same via ups or dhl. I will let you know if I am able to sell some stuff I will advise to the buyer to use escrow through you that way we will both be secure.

I escrowed for physical items. I let both parties know that the item must be shipped with a tracking method that I can access (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.).
Both parties must agree before hand that a successful delivery as shown on the tracking website constitutes fulfillment from the seller.
I have escrowed other physical items with more requirements, but each thing that I have to check will increase my escrow fee.
Things like: check for signature and holding funds until a certain date.

Offline dmz241

• Sakama Online
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2014, 05:20:56 AM »
well so far I havent sold anything and it seems that people only want to buy asics etc with cryptos but no ones wants to use it as a currency.

Offline whooper

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 09:18:07 PM »
I escrowed for physical items. I let both parties know that the item must be shipped with a tracking method that I can access (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.).
Both parties must agree before hand that a successful delivery as shown on the tracking website constitutes fulfillment from the seller.
I have escrowed other physical items with more requirements, but each thing that I have to check will increase my escrow fee.
Things like: check for signature and holding funds until a certain date.

If you buy second hand hardware, that's unsafe for the buyer .. let's say I buy an Innosilicon .. 30MH/s. When I receive it, two boards are bad and don't lit up, the unit hashes at 17MH/s. Luckily I did not pay much for it and I don't mind the loss of 0.25 BTC but if the guys are selling/buying hardware, the hash-rate (and the box contents for that matter) should be guaranteed before one releases the funds.

Offline I am Lord

• I am Lord
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2015, 12:32:32 AM »
I am also offering my time to escrow deals, just pm me when you need